AUGBLOG

This is interactive entertainment. From your favourite pub to everyone's desktop. Aug The Blog is coming soon.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Eh Woodbridge

EH CUMPARI Eh Cumpari, ci vo sunari Chi si sona? U friscalettu. E comu si sona u friscalettu? u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam. E cumpari, ci vo sunari. ... Yes I know this is Canada but my background is Italian and I played in Woodbrige at the Moose yesterday.......I like to play Eh Cumpari (an old Italian folk song) to break the ice. If you are Italian it makes you laugh, if not you probably want to hit the entertainer. I think it was a hit in the early 50's. It was a modest crowd in numbers but Tanya the bartender was helping me work the room. I took a picture of the crowd waving to me, and of course I played Eh Compari. Calendar Boy was the "on the spot written song" inspired by Jay (hope you sell the boat). I had much time for reflection, whether it was the times when the place was packed because of Paul, Christian, Chris and Ray (Woodbridge equivalent of THE BEATLES ), or Anthony The Actor, the poet who would recite his poetry rants with me playing background unscripted guitar, The Scenes, or Stiltdrown, or Marcello singin' Dylan..... I can go on and on but I will save it for another post. I suspect that Bobby Hamilton will one day show up. He is somewhat of a folk hero in "Aug The Blog" history. I got a call today to play Boston Pizza tomorrow.........Oh...I almost forgot.....Congratulations to Mario! He has been playing guitar for only 3 months and he is truly quite good....I have never seen anyone progress that quickly....He showed me the proper way to play Stairway To Heaven....I showed him the improper way to play Eh Compari.....so the adventure continues.........

Site Meter