AUGBLOG

This is interactive entertainment. From your favourite pub to everyone's desktop. Aug The Blog is coming soon.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

WELCOME TO AUG INTERNATIONAL


www.augblogger.blogspot.com
Originally uploaded by AugTheBlog.
At around 8:30 Saturday night, Guy from Orillia, Ontario steps into the Wolf & Firkin on Elm Street. He comes and sits beside me at the bar. Guy introduces himself, then starts talking about his wife living in Yorkville in the 60's. I think this is impressive . He says the whole " Yorkville Hippy Scene" was overrated. C'mon Guy...I didn't want to hear that. When we were talking he didn't know I was the entertainment until I got up on the stage. That was how I met my first friend of the evening. I started playing some folk songs and I notice this couple, sitting beside Guy, are being extra nice to me. It turns out that this is Dave and Katie from Detroit (I should have known it was them). They've been married for 2 years and they are out for a good time. Sitting in the back is Ted, from England. He becomes the assigned "movie star". His family gets a kick out of that. I ask him to come over and shake hands with Guy. Ted shakes hands with Guy The audience approves this with applause. Now I notice Mike and Janet from Ireland (turns out that Mike is Welsh). They seem shy, which is hardly their demeaner at the end of the evening. Everyone was getting along and singing along. When I take my break I get to know Dave and Katie a little better. They have a website www.tweakandrome.com They have fun with it. I checked it out and I like it. He even scribbled it on the "Specials" blackboard for all to see. Some friendly people from Niagara Falls, New York and Scotland help make this an Aug International Event. Next thing you know a crowd steps through the door welcomed with ovation. They are from Rochester, New York. It's Paul's Birthday, and soon after singing Happy Birthday I meet Rochester's secret weapon. SKIPPY!!! Skippy is Paul's dad. He's not afraid to come and speak in the microphone, dance, and later on in the night lead a willing following outside to Elm Street. I'm in the middle of Elm Street in downtown Toronto singing "American Pie" with Skippy from the USA. Dave from Detroit has pictures of this. Maybe he'll post them on his site. Skippy is all heart. His wife Pat agrees. When we get back inside I start singing songs about Ed Dooley (good guitarist). His son Brian is also having fun. I later find out that Ed is Paul's father in law. Paul's wife Suzanne (Kindergarden teacher) is there. There was also Sue (I didn't forget). The great thing about tonight is that everyone knew and liked each other by the end of the night. When Ivanna from York, UK stepped through the door with Clive she received an ovation and a free dance with Skippy. Click...I get the pic. I had fun....the adventure continues.....TWEAKANDROME

Site Meter