AUGBLOG

This is interactive entertainment. From your favourite pub to everyone's desktop. Aug The Blog is coming soon.

Friday, October 08, 2004

BISCUIT IN THE HALL


BISCUIT IN THE HALL
Originally uploaded by AugTheBlog.
...Shades of Legions...Rosies....and the return of BISCUIT....
Louis was singing Cat Stevens' "Father and Son". He's behind the fireplace with a small group of people. Instead of going into a song I let him finish then I begin the night with "Father and Son". A strange magic happens. They applaud and I feel welcome. Perhaps you had to have been there. Perhaps only I think this is magic since the people on the patio are hardly taking notice. That's why I get paid. I have an easy job and I never blame the audience if things aren't happening. It's my job....to make things happen. The girl sitting beside Louis comes over and pulls up a chair close to me. I don't remember her name but she wants to sing "Bobby McGee". Man, if Kris Kristofferson got paid everytime someone wanted to hone their Janis Joplin skills in a bar he'd be rich....okay he's already rich... but he'd be mucho rich (Lilly, I hope you don't mind my adjective stealin' ways). Louis wants to hear "Green Green Grass of Home". He's surprised that I know it. This sends me reeling into the past when I used to play Legions and bars like The Crossroads on Coxwell and Danforth. On any given weekend you might hear Lyle Gaitz, Ernie G, Peter Nelson (before he moved to Manitoulin), and you might even hear me there singing old country favourites, and wearing very tight pants...lol. When I take a break I go onto the Firehall patio and start talking with Teresa and Chris (the pharmacist lady). They dance during my next set. Actually the patio is quite busy. Liz was there and I just find out that Brian plays guitar. If I had of known this before he left I would have coaxed him a little. The night ended well, and I am always happy to show up at The Firehall in Bronte. I am about to tear down when Jay, the lead guitarist for Speed Orchid, asks if he could do some tunes. I advise him to ask management if it's okay. It's okay. He's very good. His band plays around town so check him out some time. While he's playing someone says hello. I turn and see him....It's a blast from the past when I used to play Rosie McGee's in Oakville. I loved that place. It's Biscuit. Biscuit's a cool guy and we talk while Jay sings...sorry Jay...He owns Caz's Great Fish on Yonge St. just north of Lawrence . I don't mind giving him a plug. He was always great to me. Good Luck Biscuit (ya coulda been a rapper...yo...).....the adventure continues.....

Site Meter