AUGBLOG

This is interactive entertainment. From your favourite pub to everyone's desktop. Aug The Blog is coming soon.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

SERGEANT DAVE


NEW YORK DAVE
Originally uploaded by AugTheBlog.
When I got to The Wolves Den, the only one waiting for me was Ashley, the bartender. This was my first "Open Mic" Tuesday at The Wolf and Firkin in downtown Toronto. It was looking like a lonely night until a group of ten stepped in (great group....thanks for breaking the ice). I asked if anyone played, sang, tap danced or told jokes. Eric caught the hint and headed back to his place to get his harmonicas. In the meantime, I'm getting to know Marg and her group. Marg is providing entertainment with her so very distinctive voice, and witty remarks. According to her, I am very much in touch with my inner child, and Open Mic should be called Open Luigi (mmmm....I will need to discuss this with management....the inner child remark I mean...lol). Eric gets back in time to play some soulful blues harmonica. He sings quite well and my Open Mic Night loses its virginity. Next to show up is Chris. He comes ready with his book of lyrics; he sings and plays a few of his originals. The first tune he performs gets everyone to listen. I am holding the mike and he is sitting at the bar with his own guitar. He then goes for the stage and plays two more and manages to maintain everyone's respect. Chris does his own tunes..Missy (Christine) came up to sing harmonies (thanks.....I appreciate the participation). Tracy sang her heart out, as she has done in the past. She tells me that she told a few people from New York about the Open Mic starting tonight. The two ladies from Sweden prove to be a good audience. Now there is a line of men walking into the bar. It's the New York people led by SERGEANT DAVE. He's a real Sergeant and I take a picture of him on the stage. He gives me permission to use his picture for my blog. People from England (Tom & friend), and New York City (John, Steve, Jimmy, Russ) take things up another notch. I thank everyone for making my first "Open Mic" night a success....see ya next Tuesday.....the adventure continues....HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER HOLLOW.....

Site Meter