AUGBLOG

This is interactive entertainment. From your favourite pub to everyone's desktop. Aug The Blog is coming soon.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Werewolves Of Niagara Falls


Louie The Werewolf
Originally uploaded by AugTheBlog.
I had never played in Niagara Falls, and I had never performed on the 22nd floor of anything. The Sheraton Fallsview was a cool place to be on Thursday, October 28, 2004 cause I'm greeted with open arms by Diane and Mike (smooth voice) at the the elevator of the 22nd floor (did I mention we were on the 22nd floor??...lol). I have all of my equipment on the standard hotel dolly ready to be rolled down to the main entertainment room. I set up with my back to a large window which exposes the American and Canadian Falls. It's a striking view. The room has two levels, and there are nice couches around where I set up to play. It's kind of like a big livingroom and Kelly is making me feel at home. The function is a private one so I won't mention the company name (unless they want me to). Vladamir and Yolanda do some impromptu Polka dancing as I expose my Polka repertoire (a rare event). Now the other people start walking in and I am very impressed by the costumes. Louie, the werewolf stands out for me. I wanted a picture of him with my guitar. I thought this would be priceless (It is). Dr. Don wants to hear about Trader Vic's when I comment on Louie's costume so i sing "Werewolves of London"...in Niagara Falls. Charlie's Angels showed up, and there had to have been at least five witches. Look...there's Victoria. She's dressed like an African Queen. Lotto (spelling?) had a very cool Indian outfit on. There were prizes for costumes and wine tasting during my break. Mike (smooth) the MC did a great job. I am sure he is great at his job although I suggest a career in Broadcasting could be a consideration. The last hour was the best. Wendy began turning into a party animal and Eleni & Christina showed off their great dancing abilities during the Greek Song. Louie's wig was placed on more than a few heads of people who were coaxed on to the dance floor. Thanks Kelly for the invitation. Thanks Ellen for the rec. I salute the "Thundering Water" that is Niagara Falls and I head home...Aug The Blog has left the building.....the adventure continues....

Site Meter